[jdk20] RFR: 8301989: new javax.swing.text.DefaultCaret().setBlinkRate(N) results in NPE [v2]

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.org
Wed Feb 8 22:25:42 UTC 2023

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 21:40:04 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Why do we not clear these unconditionally ?
> What is the point of saving it if there's a non-editable component ?

Because then when we set component non-editable the stored blink rate will be lost and we will not be able to restore it when component will be switched to editable again. Same with the component not assigned - if we assign it to the non-editable component and then flip the editable property then we would not have the previous blink rate saved and will not know what value to set.