RFR: 8300727: java/awt/List/ListGarbageCollectionTest/AwtListGarbageCollectionTest.java failed with "List wasn't garbage collected"

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Mon Feb 27 21:22:43 UTC 2023

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 21:01:28 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > Can be but it's not ignored, it's respected.
>
> It could be ignored per the specification.

Yet it's not.

> > Nevertheless, I think generating OOME is redundant, it adds another level of complexity and makes the test slower.
>
> If it is redundant then let's update all other tests which generate OOM right now and prove it. it would be better than having different approaches here and there.

I would absolutely explore this route and would be happy to update other tests but this is out of scope for this issue. The `java/awt/List/ListGarbageCollectionTest/AwtListGarbageCollectionTest.java` test often fails in the CI, which creates noise. It can be problem-listed, yet I'd rather avoid it by providing a timely fix which resolves the failure.