RFR: 8296972: [macos13] java/awt/Frame/MaximizedToIconified/MaximizedToIconified.java: getExtendedState() != 6 as expected.

Dmitry Markov dmarkov at openjdk.org
Fri Jun 2 12:53:07 UTC 2023

On Tue, 30 May 2023 18:41:38 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung at openjdk.org> wrote:

> added displayChanged call to CPlatformWindow when frame first needs to deiconify or unmaximize
> All client tests passed after change

If I got it right the switching to `ICONIFIED`/`MAXIMIZED_BOTH` state takes more time on macOS 13 than on previous macOS version. So the test failure is triggered by the lack of synchronisation.
When you added displayChanged() call you introduced some kind of delay and the problem stopped happening but it is still present. I do not think any changes are required in JDK but the test definitely needs some modifications.
In particular I believe the test must check the state of the frame only when the corresponding `window state changed` event is received.