RFR: JDK-8310550: Adjust references to rt.jar

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.org
Thu Jun 22 14:23:04 UTC 2023

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:18:19 GMT, Matthias Baesken <mbaesken at openjdk.org> wrote:

> There are a few references to rt.jar in comments and in the codebase itself. Some of them might be removed or adjusted.

src/java.sql/share/classes/java/sql/DriverManager.java line 658:

> 656:          * (which is invoking this class indirectly)
> 657:          * classloader, so that the JDBC driver class outside the image
> 658:          * can be loaded from here.

This code should probably be changed to use VM.isSystemDomainLoader(callerCL).

I think the comment should be replaced because it doesn't match what it actually does and it's nothing to do with the whether the JDBC driver is in the run-time image or not. How about:

"If the caller is defined to the bootstrap or platform class loader then use the Thread CCL as the initiating class loader so that a JDBC on the class path, or bundled with an application, is found."