RFR: 8317287: [macos14] InterJVMGetDropSuccessTest.java: Child VM: abnormal termination [v7]

songpv-imt duke at openjdk.org
Tue Nov 21 08:40:40 UTC 2023

> The root cause of the bug is because mousePress() method is invoked before mouseMove() event is completely processed causing the drag & drop behavior not being able to be recognized properly. This in turn makes the method dragSourceListener.isDropFinished() returns false and fail the test. To fix this, setAutoWaitForIdle(true) and Thread.Sleep is called to make sure the mouseMove() event is processed completely before moving to execute the mousePress() method.
>
> JBS issue: [JDK-8317287](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8317287)

songpv-imt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Update InterJVMGetDropSuccessTest.java
  Instead of using SYNC_LOCK to synchronize accessing the listener's fields, for better code transparency, we have placed the code that accesses the listener's fields from the main thread into the AWT Event Queue.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16396/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16396/files/eb667f4e..9a9c3112

Webrevs: