WindowsLookAndFeel change in JDK 22

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri Nov 24 23:30:38 UTC 2023

I don't recall anything specific to this. Since you say "current EA
build", does that imply very recently ?
My guess is that it is fall out from upgrading the Windows compiler +
SDK and
we are no longer able to load the uxtheme library on Windows 7 needed
for the WindowsL&F.
Note that it has been several years since anyone supported or tested
Windows 7.
If you can confirm this started with JDK 22 b23 that would pretty much
confirm the theory.

-phil.