RFR: 8294158: HTML formatting for PassFailJFrame instructions

Alexander Zvegintsev azvegint at openjdk.org
Tue Sep 12 12:52:39 UTC 2023

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 13:11:10 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This enhancement provides HTML formatting for instructions in the manual test framework, `PassFailJFrame`.
>
> Some tests could benefit from rich-formatted instructions, especially when the instructions are long.
>
> See a sample usage in #15661.

test/jdk/java/awt/regtesthelpers/PassFailJFrame.java line 198:

> 196:         frame.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
> 197:
> 198:         JTextComponent text = instructions.startsWith("<html>")

Probably `trim()` and `toLowerCase()` could be useful here.

Do we consider adding adding one more builder method to force enable html rendering?
(e.g. when we just want to highlight only few words/sentences with `<b>` without adding `<html>` tag)