RFR: 8315986: javax/swing/JMenuItem/4654927/bug4654927.java: component must be showing on the screen to determine its location

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.org
Wed Sep 13 08:08:39 UTC 2023

On Tue, 12 Sep 2023 04:45:51 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Test was run without waiting for UI to be made visible leading to IllegalComponentStateException.
> Used robot.delay consistent with other headful tests to made the test wait after UI is created and shown.
>
> Test passed in several iterations in all platforms. Link in JBS

https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8315986 for which this PR is raised mentions this as macOS 14 specific issue and 100% reproducible. We don't see these tests failing in pre-macOS 14 versions in our CI for which this patch is tested.

To make sure that the fix under this PR resolves the test issue captured in the JBS we should be able to reproduce test fail & pass scenario with this fix.

If we want to stabilize these tests using delay, it should be taken up as part of separate JBS issue.