RFR: 4622866: javax.swing.text.Document.remove(int, int) has a misleading picture [v2]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Thu Sep 14 18:52:09 UTC 2023

> The image in the [documentation for `Document.remove`](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/api/java.desktop/javax/swing/text/Document.html#remove(int,int)) looks as if the portion between the offsets 6 and 10 is removed. However, the entire region for _‘quick ’_ is highlighted.
>
> I updated the image to mark the start offset 4 and the end offset 10. The new image is in SVG format which looks crisp on modern High DPI displays.
>
> I added a sentence that describes the image, which makes the documentation accessible and clearer.
>
> Also, I marked up references to classes and members with `{@code}`.
>
> Look at the updated version: [`Document.remove` in JDK 22](https://cr.openjdk.org/~aivanov/4622866/api/java.desktop/javax/swing/text/Document.html#remove(int,int)).

Alexey Ivanov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Moved all rects and lines 0.5 pixel

  The 'shape-rendering: crispEdges' did give crisp edges in 100% scale,
  but in 200% scale some edges are 3-pixel wide and others are 2-pixel.
  Using 0.5 pixel offset solves both problems. I verified rendering on
  100%-scale display as well as on 150%- and 200%-scale displays.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15701/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15701/files/6c57445b..9ccad364

Webrevs: