RFR: 6450193: After the first Serialization, JTableHeader does not uninstall its UI [v3]

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Mon Sep 25 07:00:40 UTC 2023

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 11:53:30 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aivanov at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   try-with-resource use
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JTableHeader/SerializeJTableHeader.java line 55:
>
>> 53:         for (UIManager.LookAndFeelInfo laf : UIManager.getInstalledLookAndFeels()) {
>> 54:             System.out.println("Testing L&F: " + laf);
>> 55:             SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(() -> setLookAndFeel(laf));
>
> Why did you choose to set LAF on EDT? You then continue with creating and serialising the component on the main thread.

I was not sure if any event processing needs to be done for lookandfeel change particularly native l&f like GTK and Aqua.
Seems like it works with both EDT and non-EDT...tried with repeat count 50....so removed EDT usage...
however GTK is not supported on headless environment so made the test run on headful environment.