RFR: 8316710: Exclude java/awt/font/Rotate/RotatedTextTest.java

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Mon Sep 25 14:18:15 UTC 2023

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:29:09 GMT, Christoph Langer <clanger at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/ProblemList.txt line 472:
>>
>>> 470:
>>> 471: java/awt/font/Rotate/RotatedTextTest.java 8219641 linux-all
>>> 472:
>>
>> Looks good to me, except for its placement: shouldn't it be placed close to other font tests? Shouldn't the list be sorted?
>>
>> Do we always add newly excluded tests to the end of the list?
>
> You are right, it all seems a bit unordered. If you like, I could place it next to line 221 or 416 where other java/awt/font tests are excluded. Not sure what the rule is but it seems like it's at least not alphabetically ordered.

I couldn't find any best practices for problem-listing.

Yet keeping tests in the same area closer seems like a good idea to me. Either line is fine with me. Thanks.

I started an internal discussion in clientlibs to see whether there are any conventions.