RFR: 8318603: Parallelize sun/java2d/marlin/ClipShapeTest.java [v2]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Thu Feb 8 11:14:54 UTC 2024

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 06:04:16 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The ClipShapeTest test is split into 4 different tests which could be executed in parallel.
>>
>> The execution time is changed from:
>>

>> ==============================
>> Test summary
>> ==============================
>>    TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>>    jtreg:test/jdk/sun/java2d/marlin/ClipShapeTest.java
>>                                                          1     1     0     0
>> ==============================
>> TEST SUCCESS
>>
>> Finished building target 'run-test' in configuration 'macosx-aarch64-server-release'
>>
>> real	2m58.673s
>> user	3m8.847s
>> sys	0m11.845s
>>

>> to:
>>

>> ==============================
>> Test summary
>> ==============================
>>    TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>>    jtreg:test/jdk/sun/java2d/marlin/ClipShapeTest.java
>>                                                          4     4     0     0
>> ==============================
>> TEST SUCCESS
>>
>> Finished building target 'run-test' in configuration 'macosx-aarch64-server-release'
>>
>> real	1m17.752s
>> user	3m25.308s
>> sys	0m12.987s
>
> Sergey Bylokhov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update ClipShapeTest.java

Marked as reviewed by aivanov (Reviewer).

I ran the test in our CI and I didn't notice an improvement. On the other hand, having separate test ids is more flexible.

test/jdk/sun/java2d/marlin/ClipShapeTest.java line 88:

> 86:  * fill modes (EO rules) for paths made of either 9 lines, 4 quads, 2 cubics
> 87:  * (random)
> 88:  * Note: Use the argument -slow to run more intensive tests (too much time)

Suggestion:

 * <p>
 * Note: Use the argument {@code -slow} to run more intensive tests (too much time)

Adding <p> will render the note in a new paragraph when viewed in IDE (or on class name hover).