RFR: 8318603: Parallelize sun/java2d/marlin/ClipShapeTest.java [v2]

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Fri Feb 9 02:20:02 UTC 2024

On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 02:12:57 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I ran the test in our CI and I didn't notice an improvement.

Did you run jdk:tier4 like Sergey was doing ?

Our CI runs some number of (headless) tests in parallel (I am not sure but think it is by default 4) and this might change
the whole dynamics of "which test is run last", compared to other test frameworks.

I don't know if whatever Sergey is using does the same, but they could be quite different in the number of CPUs per VM.

If you ran just the *one* test and it was no faster (wall-clock time) that suggests the (sub-)tests were not being run in parallel which would be interesting .. and we might want to ask jtreg folks for input.