RFR: 8321192 : j.a.PrintJob/ImageTest/ImageTest.java: Fail or skip the test if there's no printer

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Fri Feb 9 19:14:04 UTC 2024

On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 14:59:06 GMT, Renjith Kannath Pariyangad <rkannathpari at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi Reviewers,
> I have updated the test with 'PassFailJFrame' with programmatically generating image and print , please review and let me know your suggestions.

I thought SkippedException looks like a "pass" too ?
What is effectively different by using it here ?
If the @printer keyword is there, then let's educate people that there MUST be a printer by making the test fail or if possible report a jtreg "error".  Not sure if that is possible, error is usually timeout and things like that.