RFR: 8321192 : j.a.PrintJob/ImageTest/ImageTest.java: Fail or skip the test if there's no printer

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Sun Feb 11 19:41:04 UTC 2024

On Fri, 9 Feb 2024 14:59:06 GMT, Renjith Kannath Pariyangad <rkannathpari at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi Reviewers,
> I have updated the test with 'PassFailJFrame' with programmatically generating image and print , please review and let me know your suggestions.

I had a slack chat with Jon Gibbons (maintainer of jtreg) and he thinks FAIL would be better here.
I think we should be consistent and now that all tests that need a printer specify @key printer -
should FAIL if there's no printer. Not saying we have to rush off and change them all immediately,
but if we are updating it anyway for some reason then do it.