the easiest ways to play an audio clip are the discouraged ones

mark.yagnatinsky at barclays.com mark.yagnatinsky at barclays.com
Tue Jan 2 06:27:12 UTC 2024

Thanks Julian (and sorry for messing up the message threading… I’ll try not to do that next time).
It looks like you built a “full-fledged” audio player, and it took hundreds of lines of code.
Maybe that’s reasonable for a full-fledged audio player.
But it’s unfortunate that even a basic “fire and forget” feature to play an audio file should take lots of lines.

This message is for information purposes only. It is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service, nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is intended for the recipient(s) only. It is not directed at retail customers. This message is subject to the terms at: https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/web-and-email-disclaimer.html.

For important disclosures, please see: https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/sales-and-trading-disclaimer.html regarding marketing commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading desks, who are active market participants; https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/barclays-global-markets-disclosures.html regarding our standard terms for Barclays Corporate and Investment Bank where we trade with you in principal-to-principal wholesale markets transactions; and in respect to Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, see: http://publicresearch.barclays.com.
If you are incorporated or operating in Australia, read these important disclosures: https://www.cib.barclays/disclosures/important-disclosures-asia-pacific.html.