RFR: 8316497 : ColorConvertOp - typo for non-ICC conversions needs one-line fix [v6]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Thu Jan 4 17:06:25 UTC 2024

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:53:19 GMT, Renjith Kannath Pariyangad <rkannathpari at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Your `TestColorSpace` class is a wrapper on top of the actual color space. So you can compare the results of conversion using `TestColorSpace` vs using "actual color space" directly.
>
> Thank you for sharing the detailed code, tried the above sample but its like Aleksei mentioned above _always passing irrespective of fix_. The fix area will pass only when non-ICC src and dst. Some of the color related function internally applying icc profile or other propertied and pass through other implementation. Not sure any other way to overcome this.

I thought about it… I thought that the filter itself should exercise the code path that's modified but it doesn't seem like it does… I mean creating images with regular ICC profile and using the wrapper `TestColorSpace` in conversion: `new ColorConvertOp(new TestColorSpace(ColorSpace.getInstance(CS_LINEAR_RGB), null);` but it didn't work, the test passes without the fix.