RFR: 8264102: JTable Keyboards Navigation differs with Test Instructions.

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Fri Jan 5 05:21:26 UTC 2024

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 04:20:44 GMT, Tejesh R <tr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Updated the actions for "ctrl shift DOWN" to "`selectLastRowExtendSelection`" and  "ctrl shift UP", "`selectFirstRowExtendSelection`" in Basic and other Look and feel. Tested in CI and no regressions found.
> Test to be used - [javax/swing/JTable/KeyBoardNavigation/KeyBoardNavigation.java](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/jdk/javax/swing/JTable/KeyBoardNavigation/KeyBoardNavigation.java)

It is definitely required for Windows L&F as excel also has same functionality for CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN but I amnot sure if spec mandates it for all L&F...Did you see anywhere in spec that ctrl shift up/down should select all populated cells in the column.
Please check in linux and macos if native spreadsheet has same functionality, if not restrict it to Windows only...

Also, add bugid to the existing jtreg test...it may be recommended to modify the deprecated applet based test, since you are relying on that test to test this fix, to normal manual PassFailJFrame based test