How to prevent OpenJDK 11 from changing the Window size due to some internal reason

Martin Petzold martin.petzold at tavla.de
Fri Jan 5 17:33:25 UTC 2024

Dear all,

most probably because of a bug in Weston implementation on Linux [1]: if
I detach and attach an HDMI head OR change via HDMI-CEC to standby and
back, my Java window is resized to 1x1 pixel automatically due to some
internal method. This is a serious bug to us. We have tested with pure
Weston application, and there was no such bug. Also we are using
XWayland because of Java. Currently we cannot backport that patch to
Weston 9 because of extensive changes in code.

We tried to catch the event and resize back, but this was not stable.
Any other idea for a work-around?

Is there any way to prevent OpenJDK 11 from resizing any window in some
internal method? I would like to have 100% control...

[1]
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/commit/bcacd9ec5a924317416eabb65a6cd6767d5bfb94

Thanks,

Martin