RFR: 8316931: [macos14] Test "java/awt/TrayIcon/ShowAfterDisposeTest/ShowAfterDisposeTest.html" throws and exception on Mac OS 14(x64, aarch64) [v3]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.org
Mon Jan 15 22:10:25 UTC 2024

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 22:04:37 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> SunToolkit.java is trying to post an event on the TrayIcon appContext, but the TrayIcon was already removed by the test, causing an error. The fix is to make SunToolkit skip posting the event if appContext is null. The test is also updated to remove applet usage and use PassFailJFrame instead.
>
> Alisen Chung has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   removed extra newlines, moved test out of folder

test/jdk/java/awt/TrayIcon/ShowAfterDisposeTest.java line 1:

> 1: /*

I am for keeping the original location of the file to preserve its history.

New tests use the flat layout, the old tests (usually) are left at their original location. If you move tests to the flat layout, I would prefer doing it without any additional changes to the test themselves.