RFR: JDK-8324169 : Remove macOS from ProblemList for CycleDMIMage.java when fix is available for JDK-8312518

Phil Race prr at openjdk.org
Thu Jan 18 21:58:10 UTC 2024

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 20:18:20 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <honkar at openjdk.org> wrote:

> CycleDMIMage.java passes on macOS after [JDK-8312518](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8312518), [PR#17358](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/17358). It is de-problemlisted for macOS only.
>

> CI testing looks good.

test/jdk/ProblemList.txt line 436:

> 434: java/awt/Frame/DisposeParentGC/DisposeParentGC.java 8079786 macosx-all
> 435:
> 436: java/awt/GraphicsDevice/DisplayModes/CycleDMImage.java 7099223,8274106 macosx-all,linux-all,windows-all

it seems odd to remove macOS from the list when one of the bugs here is specifically against macOS - https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8274106
If the test still fails on some retina displays, then this needs to remain problem listed.
If not, then remove the reference to 8274106

Wait 7099223 is also about macOS.
So why is this test problem listed on all platforms ?
If it passes always on macOS we also should close out those bugs.
Please check it on all platforms and de-list it for all platforms that pass and if it does fail on Windows or Linux, create a bug for that platform's problems.