RFR: 8309460: JScrollBar leaves behind clutter for non-integer UI scales

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at openjdk.org
Fri Jan 19 05:55:26 UTC 2024

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 11:09:12 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Lines  are left behind when moving the scrollbar in the positive direction. but are cleaned up on mouse release.
> Additonally, with right arrow clicks too, the lines are left behind.
> Seems like for mouseDragged and scrollByUnit, the dirty region of the scrollbar is not repainted leading to artifacts
> which is being done in this fix..

I/m not sure but in 2 cases where it cannot be reproduced ie during mouseRelease and block increment, they do the dirty region painting which I guess should be done here too irrespectively..
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/9efdd242fb40a8270e489cc071ff1c891878e24f/src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicScrollBarUI.java#L1255-L1256
and
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/9efdd242fb40a8270e489cc071ff1c891878e24f/src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicScrollBarUI.java#L1122-L1123