RFR: 8324243: Fix GCC 14 build

Julian Waters jwaters at openjdk.org
Sun Jan 21 16:53:26 UTC 2024

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:42:40 GMT, Sam James <duke at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > No problem!
>
> Many thanks!
>
> > Just change your Pull Request title to 8324243 (The literal number) and watch the magic happen :)
> > By the way, your name strikes me as familiar. Have I seen you before on the gcc mailing lists?
>
> You know, now you say it, I think we have interacted before actually - either on the GCC ML or bugzilla! I tend to pop up in a lot of places just because we have a lot of users with a lot of different odd and interesting environments.

Ah! I think you might be the same Sam James in my thread about adding the invalid-noreturn warning to gcc (Which ultimately didn't get anywhere). Glad to meet you again! :)

This Pull Request might be related to client libs code, but given its nature I'd consider it a build-dev issue too, in which case, have a thumbs up from me, since that is my domain.

Thanks, and welcome to OpenJDK if you're new here!