RFR: 8328121: Remove applet usage from JColorChooser tests Test4759306 [v2]

Alexander Zvegintsev azvegint at openjdk.org
Wed Mar 13 22:17:52 UTC 2024

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:15:16 GMT, Alisen Chung <achung at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Removing applet usage from manual JColorChooser tests
>
> Alisen Chung has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   fix jtreg tag

test/jdk/javax/swing/JColorChooser/Test4759306.java line 40:

> 38:         PassFailJFrame.builder()
> 39:                 .title("Test4759306")
> 40:                 .instructions("Check that there is no preview panel in the JColorChooser.")

> Check that there is no preview panel

For a tester who didn't use JColorChooser before this can be confusing

It might be worth describing where to look for the Preview panel and what it looks like(e.g. `Check that there is no panel titled "Preview"` or similar)

test/jdk/javax/swing/JColorChooser/Test4759306.java line 44:

> 42:                 .columns(40)
> 43:                 .testTimeOut(10)
> 44:                 .testUI(Test4759306::test)

Actually, we don't need to create a separate window for this, we can place the color chooser in the intruction window by using something like
`.splitUIRight(Test4759306::createColorChooser)`

private static JColorChooser createColorChooser() {
    JColorChooser chooser = new JColorChooser();
    chooser.setPreviewPanel(new JPanel());
    return chooser;
}

test/jdk/javax/swing/JColorChooser/Test4759306.java line 49:

> 47:     }
> 48:
> 49:     private static JFrame test() {

Probably a more meaningful name would be welcome.