CodeTool proposal: Webrev

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at oracle.com
Mon Dec 9 01:02:43 PST 2013

On 09.12.2013, at 12:39, Magnus Ihse Bursie <magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com> wrote:

> On 2013-12-06 17:09, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
>> Roger,
>>
>> We're still in the process of making it happen.  As for why a separate alias, we've just followed the practice for existing subprojects within the CodeTools project.
>
> Actually, I was thinking that this might be overkill. Seeing that code-tools-dev is not exactly drowned in mails, I wonder if it would perhaps be better to have webrev development use this list instead? I'm mostly worried that forcing people to subscribe to yet another mailing list will diminish the number of people that will see changes and volunteer for code review, for instance.

I shared this sentiment for both jmh, jcstress, and the upcoming jol. The practice, however, seems to indicate people are subscribing to low-traffic per-subproject lists without much prejudice, and the reviews are still happening within the focused group of people that care enough, as indicated by taking steps to subscribe.

-Aleksey.