Please update http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/build.html
volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 02:12:43 PST 2013
yesterday I've build jtreg from source as described at:
While I succeed in the end, I found that some of the information on
that page could be improved to make the build process easier.
Following my proposals for updating the instructions:
- add the follwing: "Unzip the javahelp zip file (e.g.
javahelp2_0_05.zip) and set JAVAHELP_HOME to point to the resulting
- add the following: "Notice that unpacking the jtharness harness will
not implicitly create a directory. It is advised to first explicitly
create a jtharness directory and unzip the jtharness archive therein.
JTHARNESS_HOME should point to that directory."
- add the following after the link to Xalan: "Go to the
"Download/Build" section and follow the "xalan-j distribution
directory" link. From there choose "Xalan java download area" and
download "xalan-j_2_7_1-bin.zip" from the "binaries/" direcotry. Set
XALANHOME to the directory which will be created when you unzip the
xalan zip archive."
- add the following: "Notice that only version smaller than 4.11 are
supported. JUnit 4.11 and above do not contain the required
org.hamcrest any more (they are now contained in their own jar file
hamcrest-core.jar but jtreg/jtharness isn’t currently prepared to
handle this). Set JUNIT_JAR to the junit jar file."
- add the follwing: "For TestNG it is not enough to just download the
testng jar file. Instead you have to download the complete testng
archive from the link for ANT users in the download section. Unzip the
archive and set TESTNG_HOME to point to the created directory and
TESTNG_JAR to point to the testng jar file in that directory."
- Because JUnit and TestNG are required for running the jdk regression
test I'd suggest to move the JUnit and TestNG sections from the
optional to the required dependencies.
- I also found that I did need to have ANTHOME defined. Otherwise I
got build errors like:
org.apache.tools.ant does not exist
- so please move the "Ant" section from optional to the required
section and remove the sentence "It need not be set if you are just
I havn't installed and used HTMLCheck/LinkLint but without these two,
a complete build command line may look as follows:
make -C make
The resulting jtreg image can be found under build/images.
It may be good to add such a line as example on how to build JTreg.
Please feel free to correct and improve my proposal.
More information about the code-tools-dev