We have some Code Coverage results from JCov/JTreg!

Martijn Verburg martijnverburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:55:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

John Oliver and Mani Sarkar spent some time on the most recent Adopt
OpenJDK hackday and managed to get what looks like to be meaningful code
coverage numbers for OpenJDK using the jcov/jtreg tools:

Results for jdk9: http://sticky.uwcs.co.uk/jcov/

========Code Tools Dev========

The configuration John used was as follows (is this the correct usage
pattern?):

Build jdk images
install jtreg with the jcov

export the normal vars:

```
export SOURCE_CODE=/home/joliver/workspace/jdk9/
export JTREG_INSTALL=/home/joliver/workspace/jtreg
export JT_HOME=$JTREG_INSTALL
export JTREG_HOME=$JTREG_INSTALL
export PRODUCT_HOME=$SOURCE_CODE/build/linux-x86_64-normal-server-release/images/jdk

export JPRT_JTREG_HOME=${JT_HOME}
export JPRT_JAVA_HOME=${PRODUCT_HOME}
export JTREG_TIMEOUT_FACTOR=5
export CONCURRENCY=8
```

cd into jdk/test

edit the Makefile and add the following:

```
jdkroot=/home/joliver/workspace/jdk9/

JTREG_TEST_OPTIONS += -jcov/classes:$(jdkroot)/build/linux-x86_64-normal-
server-release/jdk/modules/java.base
JTREG_TEST_OPTIONS += -jcov/source:$(jdkroot)/jdk/
src/java.base/share/classes
JTREG_TEST_OPTIONS += -jcov/include:*
```

just before the line: # Make sure jtreg exists

then just run "make test" inside the root

=======Quality Discuss=======

Is this something that could be hosted by the quality group for the major
OpenJDK code lines (7u, 8u and jdk9)?

If not then the Adoption Group can host it on one of their external servers
temporarily and we could link to that from the wiki(s)/project page(s).

Cheers,
Martijn