JCov and coverage numbers on OpenJDK

Martijn Verburg martijnverburg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:32:47 UTC 2015

Hi All,

As some of you know we've been running some experiments in the Cloudbees
incubator to see if we can get accurate code coverage numbers using JCov on
the jdk9 forest in particular.

John Oliver has gone back and reviewed the process and the numbers and we
*think* we've gone about it the right way.

Before we even think about taking the next step to start producing these
numbers regularly in the incubator, we need to make sure that we've used
JCov correctly and that the numbers are not misleading.

It would be great to have a technical call with John Oliver, Mani, someone
from Rory's team (the person who does the internal OpenJDK numbers?) and
probably Jonathan Gibbons.

Does next Tuesday suit folks?  It all depends on timezones (John Oliver,
Mani and myself are GMT)

Cheers,
Martijn