webrev.ksh inserts full commit history of a file
volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:47:29 UTC 2015
The thing I noticed in your bad examples is that in the you compare
against "ssh://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/nashorn". I'm not sure if
this is a problem (or maybe only a problem if you are sitting behind a
firewall). I don't have 'default-push' defined in my .hg/hgrc files so
webrev.ksh is always using the 'default' entry (which is a http-URL)
and I never saw these problems. Webrev.ksh first reads 'default-push'
and only if this isn't defined it reads the 'default' path. Maybe you
can give it a quick try and use "-p http://hg.open..." to see if this
Also, which version of webrev.ksh are you using, the latest one?
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Attila Szegedi
<attila.szegedi at oracle.com> wrote:
> I knew about -r and have used it in the past; unfortunately it didn’t help. Even doing “webrev.ksh -N -r qparent” gives me the wrong results (still a full commit history).
>> On Sep 14, 2015, at 9:24 AM, Volker Simonis <volker.simonis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Attila,
>> you can use '-r rev' to compare against a specific revision. I use it
>> together with Mercurial Queues if I have changes from my queue pushed
>> but only want a webrev of the top-most change. In that case I do
>> "webrev.ksh -r qbase".
>> Also you can use '-N' to prevent webrev.ksh doing 'hg outgoing' and
>> instead producing a webrev of local changes only (i.e. 'hg status').
>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Attila Szegedi
>> <attila.szegedi at oracle.com> wrote:
>>> Recently I noticed webrev.ksh started including the full commit history of files into the generated webrevs. E.g. see http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~attila/8135262/webrev.jdk9/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~attila/8135262/webrev.jdk9/>
>>> I have seen some other people recently posting webrevs suffering from the same problem, e.g. <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aw/8134873/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aw/8134873/webrev.01/>>
>>> One thing I did recently was reinstall all my MacPorts as part of upgrading them for OS X 10.10, so my ports-provided Mercurial now identifies itself as “3.4.99” in port list and as “3.5-rc+12-a74e9806d17d” with “hg —version”. Not sure if that matters. If anybody has an insight into it, please let me know.
More information about the code-tools-dev