Better jcov integration

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Wed Feb 28 21:03:50 UTC 2018

Alexey, Eric,

Maurizio set a useful and relevant precedent when he contributed the
IntelliJ plugin for jtreg.

I think it is useful to keep separate the code for a tool (like jtreg or
JCov) from any code
that "wraps" the functionality of a tool into a plugin for some larger
system, such as an
IDE or CI system, but keeping it separate does not inherently mandate
keeping it out of
a  Code Tools repository ... and having a "plugins" directory in a repo
could well be a
good way to go. It also helps keep separate any maintenance concerns of
the primary
functionality of the tool or library from any wrapper code that is
specific to an external
system, but facilitates combined building and testing where practical.

-- Jon