PROPOSAL: Multiline strings

Jeremy Manson jeremy.manson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 09:53:35 PST 2009

The plus side of the escaped String approach is that you can then use
any language, not just regexps.  Also, escaped Strings might be a plus
for security purposes.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the idea of embedding the
domain-specific-language-du-jour into my programming language.  I see
it as a slippery slope.  It's regexps today, but it's XML tomorrow
(I'm looking at you, Scala).

Jeremy