Proposal: Automatic Resource Management

Xavi Miró xmirog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:49:29 PST 2009

I like the simplicity of Josh' solution, the rule of throwing the most
important exception (the first) and silent the others, using an
interface whose method close simply throws Exception...For the Java
source code I've been writing for the last 10 years it would fit 100%, I
can't remember any "corner case" where it wouldn't fit well, but of
course if we can apply this solution to more use cases without losing
much simplicity, that would be perfect.

For me, using a modifier like finally would also be acceptable.

I would love to have this ARM proposal in Java 7!

     Xavi