Draft proposal: allow the use of relational operators on Comparable classes

Reinier Zwitserloot reinier at zwitserloot.com
Tue Mar 10 16:54:57 PDT 2009

In languages with both == and ===, the == is more like .equals(), and
the === is more like java's ==. Making them the reverse in java is a
really really bad idea. I'd far rather have a way to specify that
you're on 'new mode' java, and have == imply equals, and remove object
identity altogether; it's just not a relevant operation. Shove it off
to a java.lang library call. That's what we did with System.arrayCopy
too, and that was clearly a good idea.

  --Reinier Zwitserloot
Like it? Tip it!
http://tipit.to