Array syntax for collections [was Re: Extended arrays declaration and access syntax with use of enumerated types]

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Sat Mar 14 07:34:43 PDT 2009

>> What happened to the "Array-Syntax for Collections" proposal btw.?
>>
> I haven't written it up yet; still two more weeks available to send it
> in :-)

It should be noted that it wasn't very popular in any of the voting I did -
http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/jdk_7_language_changes_everyone

At JavaEdge
http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/jdk_7_language_changes_javaedge,
it was the least popular of the 10 options presented (and more 'this is
a bad idea' than any other proposal). I quite like it personally, so it
wasn't presenter bias!

Stephen