PRE-PROPOSAL: Source and Encoding keyword

Jeremy Manson jeremy.manson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:05:58 PDT 2009

I wasn't denying that this could, conceivably, allow you to make
sweeping changes to the language more easily.  I never claimed there
wasn't a motivation for this change.  My point was and remains that
versioning of sweeping changes to the language is only (a relatively
small) part of a much larger problem of versioning, and it would make
more sense to tackle the large problem than to add this keyword (which
may or may not fit with a larger solution, when all of the parts of
the larger solution are in place).

Jeremy