I need your opinion...

Joshua Bloch jjb at google.com
Sun Mar 22 00:02:20 PDT 2009

Mark,
I have to disagree with my esteemed colleague John on this one.  I believe
that every language has certain characteristics that make it what it is, and
that these things simply shouldn't be changed.  I believe that one such
attribute of Java is that all declared entities have an explicit declared
type.  I believe it would do great harm to the language to change this.

   Josh