PROPOSAL: Auto-assignment Parameters

Mark Mahieu markmahieu at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:20:14 PDT 2009

2009/3/25 Reinier Zwitserloot <reinier at zwitserloot.com>

> I like where this is going, but I'd rather see a bigger setup for auto-POJO
> classes.

I don't think the two approaches conflict.  One of the sneaky aims of
auto-assignment parameters is to encourage people to write classes with
decent constructors (by making it a bit easier to do so) - such that an
instance will only be in a valid state when the constructor finishes.

An approach such as the one you suggest (if and when there's an opportunity
to add it to the language) could then generate getters, but no setters,
which is complementary in my view.

Mark