PRE-PROPOSAL: Simple operator overloading.

rssh at gradsoft.com.ua rssh at gradsoft.com.ua
Wed Mar 25 05:28:03 PDT 2009

> I would love to see this, but I'd prefer it to be based on special
> interfaces rather than annotations. This would adhere to the
> principle, mentioned on this list a few times, that annotations
> shouldn't modify the results of the compiler.

If you have some free time, I suggest you (or anybody in community) to
initiate such proposal for one pair of operators (for example [] and []=).
(Why only for one pair - because it would be small; build logical
structure for all operators during 5 days is impossible. ).

And well-narrowed proposal for array access, may be have some chance.

Rules for array access (15.3) and assignment expression (15.26.1) can be
copied from 'Simple Operator Overloading' near verbatim, just change
existence of operator to existence of interface.