For further consideration...

Martin Dobmeier martin.dobmeier at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:04:04 PDT 2009

Hey everybody,

I'm sorta missing some kind of explanation why some of the other proposals
were not considered (e.g. enhanced string literals, enhanced for loop
iteration control, etc.). Something along the lines of: Do they entail too
big of a language change? Do they address no real pain points in the
language? Were they not specified thoroughly enough? In short: What's Sun's
opinion on those proposals? However, though I've read a lot of the mails
posted to this list, I might have just missed those things. Anyway, my first
impression when reading the short list was that it looks almost exactly like
the language changes that have been floating around on some Sun blogs for
some time now. I admit that it occured to me that it looks a bit "planned"
(no offense though). I'm pretty much happy with almost all of the stuff on
the short list. On the other hand I'd really like to hear some opinions on
why one proposal was chosen over the other. There are maybe to many to go
into too much detail, but just a few thoughts?

Also, what about a List/Map literal proposal? Did I miss that?

Cheers, Martin