PROPOSAL: 'final' without explicit type (update)

Marek Kozieł develop4lasu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 06:58:30 PDT 2009

W dniu 31 marca 2009 15:43 użytkownik Tim Lebedkov
<tim.lebedkov at googlemail.com> napisał:
> Hello Marek,
>
> my proposal (http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/coin-dev/2009-March/001055.html)
> is very similar to yours (it just uses 'auto' instead of 'final').
>
> Does yours declare variables as final (I mean here 'constant') only
> because you try to avoid introducing a new keyword? Or is there
> another motivation?
>
> Tim

First of all I want Java to have clear separation on variables and values.
And then:
- variables should have explicit type.
- values should have clear context;

While now people use variables even if they need value, it's because
cost using value is higher than using variable. This provide worse
code, more bugs, and provoke reusing variables.

--
Pozdrowionka. / Regards.
Lasu aka Marek Kozieł

http://lasu2string.blogspot.com/