Howto disable server-class machine detection system wide?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 12:43:49 PDT 2007

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Linux-Laptop to 2GB Ram because I guess
compatible memory won't be as cheap as now soon ;)

However this means I've now a server-class machine, (Core2Duo + 2GB
Ram), which is quite nerving because the server-compiler is used all
the time, although I use this machine mostly for desktop apps.

The only system-wide solution I found was to replace libjvm.so in
/server with the client-jvm but I am not really happy with that.

Are there better soltions to disable server-class machine detection
_system wide_, like a global config file which contains options used
all the time (also for webstart and the plugin)?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens