Howto disable server-class machine detection system wide?

Peter B. Kessler Peter.Kessler at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 8 13:56:51 PDT 2007

Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded my Linux-Laptop to 2GB Ram because I guess
> compatible memory won't be as cheap as now soon ;)
>
> However this means I've now a server-class machine, (Core2Duo + 2GB
> Ram), which is quite nerving because the server-compiler is used all
> the time, although I use this machine mostly for desktop apps.
>
> The only system-wide solution I found was to replace libjvm.so in
> /server with the client-jvm but I am not really happy with that.
>
> Are there better soltions to disable server-class machine detection
> _system wide_, like a global config file which contains options used
> all the time (also for webstart and the plugin)?
>
> Thank you in advance, lg Clemens

This topic has nothing to do with the Java compiler.  Or anything
to do with the OpenJDK project.  It's a JVM usage question, and
probably better suited to the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) forum
on java.sun.com

     http://forum.java.sun.com/forum.jspa?forumID=32

If you post it there, you'll probably get responses from others
who have addressed this problem.  (If it is a problem.)

			... peter