Bug in classfile spec Section 4.8.18

Bill Pugh pugh at cs.umd.edu
Thu Aug 30 11:56:24 PDT 2007

Alex,
   There is a bug in the classfile spec, section 4.8.18:

> The value of the num_parameters item gives the number of parameters
> of the  method represented by the method_infostructure on which the
> annotation occurs. (This duplicates information that could be
> extracted from the method descriptor.)

Actually, num_parameters duplicates information that could be
extracted from the signature, not from the descriptor.

Spelling out the squirrelly correspondence between parameters in a
Runtime(Inv|V)isibleParameterAnnotations and the actual parameters is
probably worth while. I just found a bug in ASM due to this.

	Bill