Javac default version

Jonathan Gibbons Jonathan.Gibbons at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 14 11:28:51 PDT 2007

Narayana,

If you're compiling against the classes for Java 6, -target 6 is the
right default.   Anyone wanting to compile for the Java 5 platform
should set -target 1.5 and should also set a matching bootclasspath, so
that they don't accidentally use API only available in Java 6.   That
would not be reasonable for the OpenJDK compiler.

-- Jon G