Disassembler for javac?

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Thu May 24 13:26:40 PDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 12:50 PM, Patrick McNally wrote:

> Is there a disassembler (preferably open source) that works with
> the .class files generated by the openjdk javac?

How about javap?

> Jreversepro seems to complain that the openjdk compiler is of a
> version that it won't accept.

Do you mean disassembler or decompiler? If you're looking for a
decompiler, JODE (repository version) works fine with the OpenJDK javac.

> In particular I'm looking for something that would present
> attributes present in the .class file in a human readable format.
> Much thanks!

Oh, in that case, how about BCEL? I used BCEL to write a utility that
would dump annotation data to the console in a human-readable format
(identical to the one used in the Java Virtual Machine
Specification). Maybe you could modify what I did into something that
would work for you:

http://volta.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/volta/util/dump-annotations/

Trevor