Unused imports

Jonathan Gibbons Jonathan.Gibbons at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 5 11:17:13 PDT 2008

Davide,

The imports are largely historical dating from before we had IDEs to
help fix these issues, and it's not been a high priority for us to fix
them.  Currently, the policy is to fix them when a source file is
being edited anyway.

If you wish to contribute a suitable patch, that would be great, but
please note that anyone contributing to OpenJDK must first sign the
Sun Contributor Agreement form.  You can find details at http://sca.dev.java.net
.

If you made the contribution, it would help to know how you determined
which imports to remove. This will help review the patch -- meaning
that it is simpler to review a patch knowing that the changes were
determined by a tool, than determined manually.

-- Jon