Javac performance degradation of JDK 7 vs. 6

Jan Lahoda jan.lahoda at oracle.com
Wed Jul 16 13:54:25 UTC 2014

Hello Jacob,

I am looking at the issue a little bit. This will probably need a deeper
investigation, but there indeed seems to be a considerable difference in
compilation times of the testcase between JDK 6 64bit and JDK 7 64 bit
when the annotation processing is enabled, even if given enough heap
size. I am not yet clear on what is the cause.

Thanks,
     Jan