JDK 9 RFR of JDK-8036842: Remove unneeded/obsolete -source/-target options in javac tests, part 2

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Fri Mar 7 15:58:37 UTC 2014

On 03/06/2014 11:40 PM, Joe Darcy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the webrev of changes for
>
>     JDK-8036842: Remove unneeded/obsolete -source/-target options in
> javac tests, part 2
>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8036842.0/
>
> The langtools regression tests suite still passes with these changes
> in place.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Joe

Joe,

I think the tests for 6464451 should be deleted as no longer interesting.

ClassLit.java:
T6266772.java:
you can remove the @compile/@run main and use the default action of the test

T6265137.java
do you need any -target

ClassVersionChecker.java
The set of jdk versions should auto adapt to the current specification
version
The comment of line 50 is out of date.

T6384542.java
The first @compile is redundant

EnumAsIdentifier.java,.out
The test is redundant (equivalent to T6384542.java)

-- Jon