RFR: 8035063: Option handling in sjavac needs to be rewritten

Fredrik Öhrström oehrstroem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:58:21 UTC 2014

The code by itself looks good. However I think that changing from . to / is
a really bad idea.

If someone committed a package directory that does not map correctly to the
package name, then that is a major problem. You will not find that source
through -sourcepath, which means that you just broke sjavac ability to
compile using multiple threads. This is just as bad as when Nashorn tried
to insert $ into java source file names! The horror, the horror.

I.e. do not replace . with /. Fix the problem in the jdk.

//Fredrik