interactions between type annotations and language model APIs.

Alex Buckley alex.buckley at oracle.com
Mon May 12 21:26:09 UTC 2014

On 5/9/2014 5:03 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
> If in doubt, specify that none survive, and give clients a determinsitic
> base on which to build their own type systems.

This seems to be the right approach, given the limitations of the
existing Types API and the many possible operations for adding,
deleting, and replacing type annotations.

I will file a JBS bug to specify that no type annotations appear in the
return values of Types' methods. Actually designing new methods in
Types, or even a whole new API, is beyond the scope the bug; it would
require a JEP.

Alex